My life in words (and pictures)... as a wife, momma, teacher, techie nerd, foodie, and trivia geek.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Pantry Challenge Days 7 and 8!

Two days at a time tonight on the pantry challenge:

Day 7 (Sunday) - dinner at my parent's house (again!) because my cousin, her husband, and their baby came up.  We were all sick at Christmas and couldn't get together until now to catch up and hang out.  Spaghetti (yum) and salad, with garlic bread.  The Boy had his spaghetti and a bunch of other stuff all day long.  Felt like he ate 6 times or more!  Oh well, he was just extra hungry I guess, since he refused to nap!

Hubby did have to run to the store first thing Sunday morning to grab milk (2 gallons, we'll see how long it lasts), but that's all he bought.

Day 8 (Monday... today) - we had grilled cheese sandwiches and canned tomato basil soup (the Progresso kind is the only one I like, and it's actually pretty good).  Split the can between us, so a can of soup was all that got used out of the pantry stash.  The Boy had hummus for the first time and LOVED it.  I spread it on some of those "Magic Pop" cracker things from HEB... kind of like rice cakes, but fluffier?  I don't know, look them up if you're really that curious:  http://www.deliceglobal.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=76&Itemid=150 . He also had some cut up cheddar cheese and a few cheerios.  I realized later that he really didn't have any vegetables, but the weather was nasty and by the time we all got home it was nearly 6 and he was really hungry.  Too hungry to wait for a whole meal to be cooked.

After I finish updating, I'm going to plan out the Boy's menu for the next week or two and get him some meals in the fridge and freezer ready to go, so he always has something in there to  heat up quickly when he's too hungry to wait for our dinner to finish cooking.  Or when our dinner is gross.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment