My life in words (and pictures)... as a wife, momma, teacher, techie nerd, foodie, and trivia geek.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Here we Go! Pantry Challenge 2012!

Here's the picture of our pantry... before I've organized it.  See, I told you it was ridiculous!

Here's a picture of the bottom shelf and floor area, which is the stuff Baby Boy can reach (and play with).  His food mostly sits on the bottom shelf (Mum Mum crackers, applesauce, etc) but it's also been overrun with a bunch of other things!
 Here's our inside freezer, stocked full of who-knows-what, and as soon as we eat the ice cream I'll have room for some more of the Boy's meals (I like to make a big batch of stuff and freeze in little containers so we always have stuff on hand to feed him).
 The freezer also has a very full top drawer...
I'm not going to post pictures of the deep freeze in the garage, because what will probably happen is we'll eat from this freezer, then move things inside as we empty this one, and I'll post pictures of that as it happens.

Here's how this will work - we'll cook each night (or some nights have leftovers) and I'll post what we made, how it turned out, and periodically update the pictures with how the pantry and freezer are looking.  I'll also post when I have to go to the store to buy fresh stuff so we can keep track and make sure I'm not adding anything to the pantry!

First order of business for today: organize the pantry so I know what we've got in there... then, decide what I'm cooking tomorrow.  I'm thinking it'll be spaghetti, since I have ground beef in the fridge I bought and haven't frozen yet.

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment