My life in words (and pictures)... as a wife, momma, teacher, techie nerd, foodie, and trivia geek.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pantry Challenge Day 2

OK so here's the update for Day 2 of our Pantry Challenge.  Earned our $2 for not eating out, but didn't get rid of much from the pantry, and dinner was good but a bit pathetic on the "well-rounded" aspect.

I had my 24-week doctor's appointment to check on Baby Girl this afternoon, so my mom came over to watch the Boy and Hubby met me at the doctor's office on his way to work, since he's on nights this week.  This was the longest appointment ever!  I got there at 3:45 for my 4 pm appointment, and wasn't walking out until after 5:30!  Got home at nearly 6 and the boy had been too hungry to wait for his dinner, so my mom made him a grilled cheese and cut up a banana for him.  Nana to the rescue!

I had a set of steaks in the fridge we got on sale a couple days ago that were going to go bad if we didn't cook them today, so Hubby came home for "lunch" break and we cooked them with some olive oil, soy sauce, garlic salt, and pepper in the skillet, and that's it.  No sides, no veggies, no fluff.  I was too tired to worry about doing anything else with it.  The steaks were good, though, and had good flavor (we were worried they'd be too salty)...

I hate having so much beef in one week, but tomorrow will be beef again to use up the last of the meat from the fridge, then it's on to the freezer, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment