My life in words (and pictures)... as a wife, momma, teacher, techie nerd, foodie, and trivia geek.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pantry Challenge Day 3 (late!)

I know... I'm late!  Yesterday was Day 3 of our Pantry Challenge, and we didn't eat out, but I didn't get a chance to update the blog, so I'm doing it this morning... I had a good reason, though!  One of my dearest friends had her first baby yesterday!!  I am so excited for her and her husband as they start their journey into parenthood and pray they will find so much joy in that tiny baby boy as he grows and changes every day!

Food-wise, I kinda cheated... I at homemade food that I didn't go out and buy, but it wasn't my home, or my food... I took the Boy up to Nana and Papa's house and they watched him while I went to the hospital to check on my friend and see the baby, and they had dinner ready when I got back to pick him up (love them, they are awesome!), so I ate with them.

The boy had a mixed plate of peas, pasta, cheese, grilled chicken, and then some applesauce (and he stole some bread we were eating, too, after he finished his dinner and started running around.

My dad made some amazing shrimp, five different presentations - boiled, grilled with jalapeno, bacon, and cream cheese, and three different batters on some fried shrimp.  We had salad and bread with our shrimp, but didn't waste plate space with any other sides.

That's all for now, I will update again tonight (hopefully with pictures) for what we eat from our own pantry!

No comments:

Post a Comment