My life in words (and pictures)... as a wife, momma, teacher, techie nerd, foodie, and trivia geek.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pantry Challenge Days 5 and 6!

I completely forgot to update last night!  My friend (the one that just had a baby) was released from the hospital and some friends and I went over to visit and take her and her husband a blizzard... and see the baby again!

Dinner was Jamaican jerk boneless pork ribs with potatoes, onions, and carrots in the crock pot... this was a freezer meal I'd made a while back and we never thawed it and cooked it.  The meat turned out really tender and pretty tasty, but I wasn't all that impressed with the vegetables.  Too sweet.  The recipe had called for maple syrup, which I didn't want to freeze with the rest of it when I put it together, so I just wrote on the bag to add it when we cooked it.  Hubby put it in the crock pot while I was at work and thought that since we were out of maple syrup, regular pancake syrup would do.  It was... not the same.  But I appreciate him for getting it ready for us, and the Boy really liked the carrots and the meat, but not so much on the potatoes.

There's been some discussion as to whether I actually earned my dollar yesterday for eating from the pantry/freezer and not going out, because when we met up to go visit the baby, we also went out to eat at PF Chang's... technically I didn't spend money on going out to eat, because I had a gift card, so the jury's still out on whether it counts or not.  Either way, I brought home leftovers!

Tonight was leftovers all around, me from PF Chang's (hooray for Dan Dan Noodles), and Hubby and the Boy had leftover pork ribs and veggies.  The Boy also ate some cheddar cheese cut into tiny chunks, and some Cheerios, because he didn't care for the meat as much tonight.

That's all for now, if I get a chance I'm going to clean out the pantry tomorrow, because who knows how many more expired cans of stuff are in there...

No comments:

Post a Comment